Joy on Dec 8th
I finished up a big project so today I took some time just for me! I read book number two in the Twilight series. Yes, the whole book today, lol! I read kind of fast - book one only took me a few hours. I saw the movie on Sunday. It is a fun series and I'm enjoying it. It was nice to just sit on the couch during naptime and read - no cleaning, no trying to get stuff done for others. Just enjoying my quiet time! Now I'm off to buy book three!
The funny thing is that I had no idea about this series, had no clue it was coming out in a movie until a few months ago. We have Tivo and don't watch commercials ;). Some ladies I know love the books and had been talking about them. So one day I was in B & N and asked the gal for these books. She took me to this HUGE display with stuff about the movie. I said "oh, are they making a movie of this book?" I got quite a wierd look..... Then when I went for the second book, I couldn't find it. The big display was gone. I looked in SciFi/Fantasy. Nope. I looked in Romance. Nope. I looked in general fiction. Nope. I finally asked. Oh, in the teen section.... I'm a dork, reading a teen series. Oh well :)
3 comments:
How nice that you were able to take some time for YOU!! I know how few and far between those opportunities roll around!
You are not the only dork out there. I bought the series from Amazon in October and read all 4 books in 4 days. Then I read them again. And maybe again only I think that I don't want to admit that! :)
On another note... go to www.stepheniemeyer.com, click on the Twilight Series and click on Midnight Sun. You can download it for free. She was working on the book when it was leaked onto the internet and decided to quit writing it and just post it. It is basically Twilight but is written from Edward's perspective!
Post a Comment