: Pumpkin's Boutique Blog: Joy on Dec 31st

Pumpkin's Boutique

Pumpkin's Boutique

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Joy on Dec 31st

My final post of the month will be my final picture challenge as well - PEACE

First, I've enjoyed doing this challenge. Finding joy in everyday is something I try to do, but having this challenge has really made me think about it and bring it to the front of my mind each day. I'm going to continue to find joy even after I no longer post about it each day.
And so, pictures of three things that bring me peace....
Lets start with reading. I love to read. Curling up with a book in a comfy spot it pretty close to heaven in my mind! I don't get as much time to read anymore, but when I do I really enjoy it. This is my couch. It is also my favorite corner to read in - a pillow, a blanket, some hot cocoa and a good book and I'm set!

Next is the ocean. Really, any body of water, but the ocean specifically. Maybe I got my love of water from my father and mother who dreamed of travelling the ocean on a boat they restored? In any course, I love the water and boats and just sitting on the beach looking out into forever. It is so peaceful to me, to hear the waves lapping at the shore. To hear the gentle bumping of the boats at the dock. To hear the seagulls cry and the fish jump. To smell the fresh air. This is a picture from last April when we went down to Port Aransas, TX. We've been there a few times and each time I find myself wanting to go again!

And finally, my husband. I feel at peace when he is here. We rarely argue and I feel I can be myself around him. He knows everything about me, my feelings, my secrets - and most importantly, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. And he loves me still. He makes me feel that all is right in this world. Everyone needs someone to love them that way. I hope I make him feel the same peace.

2 comments:

Katy

I have really enjoyed reading about the joy you have found each day this month. Some days it is easier to find joy than others :)

Sherry

I've enjoyed reading your posts and getting to "know" you more. Great pics too. =] Keep up the awesome blogging!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I value and read all comments!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP