: Pumpkin's Boutique Blog: Joy on Dec 28th

Pumpkin's Boutique

Pumpkin's Boutique

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Joy on Dec 28th

I just heard about this awesome program and I think as a family we are going to start doing it! Its called Samaritan's Purse and the yearly project they do is called Operation Christmas Child.



Basically, you pack a shoe box with various gifts that a child in a certain age bracket would like. Then you drop it off with a small donation to cover shipping. They take all the boxes to children all over the world for Christmas! These children have often never gotten a present. They spread God's love and bring joy to so many children!

I think it will be fun to make a few of these boxes over the year and drop them off next November. Its something small we can do and it will be fun for the girls. And I think it will have a great impact and be a good learning point. And a wonderful way to kick off the holiday season next year - by bringing joy to others!

1 comments:

Katy

We have been looking for something like this to do! I agree that it is a great teaching tool.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I value and read all comments!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP