Thankful...
Today I'm thankful to have my husband. He's been out of town all week for work and I really missed him! Life is just not right when he's away.
While he was gone, I read something from a woman who just found out that her husband has six months to a year to live. It brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't even imagine finding that out. Or worse, having something happen and he was just gone. Yes, I would survive. Yes, I could take care of myself and my kids without him. I'm strong and have always been independent. And I have skills to go back to the workforce and make good money. And we have life insurance. So technically, we are prepared for the worst.But, if it ever happened, I would be devastated. I can't even begin to think about it. He means so much to me that I can't even put it into words. I would no longer be myself without him. That's the only way I can think to say it. I would be changed. Just like I was changed when he came into my life.
And for those of you that know me, you know that's a big thing for me to admit :)
But, he's really turned out to be such a great husband and father to my children. Better than I could have ever imagined finding. He wants me to be happy. He wants me to do stuff for me. He wants to spend time with his kids. He rushes home from work to see us because he loves us. He wants to spend his days off just hanging out with us. He works hard to provide us with the best life possible. He does everything he can to give his kids a good start. I feel blessed by God to have him.
So today, tell those closest to you that you love them an extra time today. Give them an extra hug and be glad that they are there for one more day!
1 comments:
Ohhhh that's so wonderful!! Isn't marriage grand?! It sounds like you guys have a great relationship and that's so important!
Post a Comment