I have a blog!
What is so interesting about me you might ask? Probably nothing! But I thought it would be fun to have a spot to collect all the random thoughts and document my crafty adventures!
So, in those two veins.....
Alaina is almost 7 weeks and we are working on a schedule. She's getting better at napping during the day. We are working on her being able to put herself to sleep, though. I keep re-thinking this "sharing a room" thing for the girls. I don't have a set place to put Alaina down during the day. Right now she naps in the bassinet either in the guest room, the living room or my room. But soon she will outgrow the bassinet. I do have a pack n' play, but it would take up a lot of space. If we were to convert the guest room to a baby room, though, I would loose my crafting area. And where would I put all that crap!?! Then again, the two girls won't be on that much of a different schedule soon enough. So maybe we just suck it up for a few months. Ah, such important decisions ;).
Taryn is becoming her own person. She loves making choices - what to have for snack, which outfit to wear and how much to push mom's buttons each day! If I don't give her what she asks for, she stomps her foot and says it louder! Ah, the joys of a toddler! I read an interesting article the other day, though. It was in the November issue of Parents magazine. Somehow I got subscribed to this magazine, but its an interesting read. Anyway, I digress! The article was about the development of toddlers. Basically, they change every 6 months or so. And in the first part of the year (ie 12 months - 18 months) they are much more amicable than in the second half. Of course, the article told you why and gave all kinds of reasons, but I'm not going to list all those! But I did find it helpful! So far it has shown to be true with Taryn. Right around 18 months she got much more opinionated and bossy! Hmmm, no idea where she gets that! So, if she follows course, she will be much nicer around two years old. Lets hope!And finally, my current projects include: Making OU outfits for Taryn & her cousins, making casual Christmas dresses for Taryn & Alaina and crocheting a baby blanket for a new cousin as well as other baby gifts. Of course, I'm always working on scrapbooking, cards and I have a few projects waiting for a free moment - you know, in about 18 years ;). I did find the fabric for the Christmas dresses yesterday and its all washed and waiting to be cut!
But, I did finish Taryn's OU outfit (shirt, skirt, bloomers & bow)!
I've also finished the shirts & bows for both cousins as well as Catrina's skirt. So just one more skirt to make for Kamryn!
I can't wait to see all the girls together! Alaina and Rilynn will have little OU cheerleader outfits that Carissa picked up for them. They will be the cutest fans ever!
0 comments:
Post a Comment