: Pumpkin's Boutique Blog: Writers Workshop: Wedding re-do?

Pumpkin's Boutique

Pumpkin's Boutique

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Writers Workshop: Wedding re-do?

If you could do your wedding over, how would you do it?

Wedding

Same groom, much simpler. I had the wedding I *thought* I wanted. Guests, cakes, food, dancing, church, etc. But WHEW, it was a bear to plan! I never, ever, EVER want to plan another wedding. What’s that you say? I have two girls? Oh yeah. I suppose they will want me to help them plan their weddings. Darn.



Well, since I probably won’t get my wish to never plan another wedding again, here’s what I would change about my wedding, were I to do it again. I’d elope. To somewhere with a beach and get married on it. And then spend two weeks doing nothing. I might give my friends and family the chance to join or I might not. I’d have the marriage blessed in church upon our return, but I would definitely forget the rest of it!

 



Do I feel this way because I’m older? Wiser? Or because I did have the other wedding? Not sure. But it is what it is.

And if one (or both) of my girls suggests that they might want to forgo the big wedding, I might offer a small bribe to sway their decision.



Keep up with everything Pumpkin's Boutique
Subscribe now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I value and read all comments!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP