Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Here is an awesome recipe for a baked spinach and artichoke dip that my sister-in-law gave to me. It is a hit whenever either of us make it!
INGREDIENTS
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained *
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese *
DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease* a small baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or toasty bread.
** NOTES**
I always use a glass baking dish and I smear butter on all the edges before I pour in the dip.
When I add the mozzarella cheese to the top of the dip, I always stir it up a little so that it isn’t too thick.
I never measure the spinach. I use a bag of frozen spinach and I let it sit out and defrost while I am mixing everything else and last I add the spinach, I pull out a handful and squeeze all the water out and then I add it to the dip. If it is still kind of frozen, I will stick my hand under warm water and let it defrost it all the way. I just keep adding until it looks like I have enough.
Want to keep up with everything Pumpkin's Boutique? Subscribe now, its free!
0 comments:
Post a Comment