Pajamas for Sophie
Yes, I really am up at 12:15 am. Why? Because I'm a sucker. Just kidding ;)
So before bed, Taryn says to me "Mom, Sophie needs pajamas!" Well of course she does. Taryn plays with her all the time, and of course sleeps with her. A few weeks ago I made these pajamas for Taryn.
Alaina actually has a matching pair as well. Anyway, I happen to have plenty of fabric left over and I decided to make some for Sophie. I chose a nightgown pattern I found here. I changed a few things around, of course. Obviously I used flannel instead of cotton. So I had to do a few things different. Instead of folding the arm & neck lines down I used bias tape to finish them. I also finished all my edges and top-stitched. And I added a cute ruffle from the same material along the bottom. I used velcro on the back because I know who will be dressing this doll! If it wasn't so late I'd add more details and possibly make some accessories. I may do that later but now I'm tired!And so, here is what Sophie looks like now. I snuck into Taryn's room and stole her from her arms ;) I'm going to tuck her back in and see what Taryn says in the morning.
I thought about saving them for Christmas, but they are Christmas pajamas, so of course Sophie needs them now to wear during the Christmas season. I mean, Taryn is wearing hers already!
This is the first time I've made doll clothes. Well, since I was a kid at least. I'm sure it won't be the last. Taryn already asks me to make things for her all the time, I can just guess what this will start!
Am I mad? *sigh* Completely. But I love it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment