
On October 30th, my grandparents celebrated thier 62nd wedding anniversary.
They aren't in too good of health and they've recently had to move into a nursing home. But they still have each other. And they are still very much in love. In this day and age, especially, that is so inspiring! I hope to be like them. I hope that Jay and I still love and support each other like they do. I hope we even live to be that old together! I'm sure like all marriages, theirs hasn't been perfect. But they have made it work and they shine when they are together! They still call each other silly names and hold hands.
Jay and I married when we were 25. If we make it to 60 years, we will be 85. Very possible! Maybe we will even make it to our 75th anniversary (100 years old!) - though we might not be able to hear what the other is saying by that age, lol! But as long as we can hold hands, all will be ok in the world.
2 comments:
How sweet! I love the picture of your grandparents. My grandparents all died before I was born. I really missed out on something special. Mark and I have promised 50 years (we were a bit older when we married).
How wonderful for them to see great grandchildren.
What a great couple and a great story!!
Post a Comment